For Engineers and Developers
Connects LabVIEW™ to Siemens S7 PLC controllers.
The SP7 toolkit enables quick, easy and smooth Ethernet-based communications between LabVIEW™ and Siemens S7 PLC controllers – entirely without expensive OPC connections and without integrating complex bus systems.
Functions are available that enable efficient reading and writing of different data types: Among others, data modules, flags (DB, M) and digital and analog input and output groups (DI/DO/AI/AO) can be addressed and/or actuated.
The modular toolkit can be used on all target platforms supported by LabVIEW™ for data exchange, including CompactRIO systems, and is not restricted by other master/slave systems.
To help users get started, many examples relating to different scenarios in measurement and testing applications are already integrated.
SP7 works with all ethernet equipped Siemens hardware PLCs:
- S7-300 Series (e.g. the S7 312, 313, 314, 315, 317, 319 and all other variants in the series including the C, F and T-Models)
- S7-400 Series (e.g. the S7 412, 414, 416, 417 and all other variants in the series including the F and H-Models)
- S7-1200 Series (e.g. S7 1211, 1212, 1214, 1215, 1217 and all variants within the series)
- S7-1500 Series (e.g. S7 1511, 1513, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518 and all variants within the series including the C, F, R and T-Models)
- LOGO! LOGO! (e.g. the Logo 8 Modules and all other Logos in the series)
SP7 works with many Siemens compatible PLCs like Vipa / YASKAWA. Please download the SP7 evaluation version to test the connection.
- LabVIEW® 2011 or newer
- VI Package Manager for the installation